Band at CMP Shingle Springs
Mila Olson, Music Director
Who: Available to any 4th-8th grade student attending CMP Shingle Springs
When: 7:30-8:20am in Spruce Classroom
Advanced Band: Tuesdays and Thursdays, starting January 7th
Beginning Band (small group instruction): Fridays, starting January 10th
Both groups will perform in our Spring Concert on April 30th at 6pm
Forum Festival Performance/Six Flags Trip for Advanced Band: May 9th with a performance in the morning and Six Flags in the afternoon. $66 for students, $36 for chaperones/additional theme park tickets. More information to come! Please do not include the Festival cost in your spring payment.
What you will need:
- A band instrument of your choice: Flute, Clarinet, Trumpet, Alto Saxophone, Trombone, or Percussion (Xylophone and/or Snare Drum) are recommended for Beginning Band. There are no instruments available to borrow through the school, but there are options for renting an instrument, or you may purchase one.
- Sound Innovations for Concert Band, Book 1 for your instrument (please note: the link is for the flute book on Amazon. Make sure you get the book for your instrument!
- A folding music stand (this link is to a very lightweight one, but any will do)
- A pencil
Advanced Band: $150
Beginning Band: $120
Sibling Discount: $20
Ready to Sign Up?
- Go to the CMP Shingle Springs Website and find “Band” in the “Extracurricular” tab or click : CMP Band Sign Up
- Turn in cash or checks made out to “Mila Olson” to the upper office.
You are welcome to rent or buy your instrument (although I highly recommend renting until your student has been playing their instrument for at least three months.) If you own or buy an instrument, make sure it is in good working condition. Tague Music does a great job at repairing instruments. I recommend renting an instrument from the Music Yard (based in Rocklin) because they will provide you with a brand new instrument at a really great rental price and deliver it to the school!
Questions? Email email@example.com I look forward to working with your student, helping to create a lifelong love of music! -Mila Olson