Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
We are proud to announce that CMP is collaborating as a network and is participating in PBIS training. This training is very extensive and will take place over a three-year period. The primary goals of PBIS are:
- Development of a continuum of scientifically based behavior, social emotional and academic interventions and supports
- Use of data to make decisions and solve problems
- Making changes in the environment to prevent the development of problem behavior
- Teaching and encouraging pro-social skills and behaviors
- Implementation of evidence-based behavioral practices with fidelity and accountability
- Universal screening and monitoring of student performance and progress
Our campus has formed a team including administrators, teachers, Club M staff, office staff, and a parent who will attend trainings throughout the year. The team will then share information learned with the staff during early release professional development days and staff meetings. The team will continue to meet regularly to strategically implement PBIS strategies campus-wide creating consistent and clear expectations, positive reinforcement for desired behavior, and positive and constructive responses when problem behaviors arise.
The opportunity to grow in this area is a gift because when children respond positively to school expectations they feel safe, are happier, and more learning takes place. Teachers are also happier and more productive. Teachers can focus more on creating enriching, creative, and stimulating learning environments.
Parents can support this endeavor by encouraging their children to always abide by the school rules of …