About the Library Network
The collective mission of the CMP Library Network shall be to:
- Ensure that students have access to library materials that promote, further, and complement their academic studies and personal curiosities;
- Take an active role in educating students about digital citizenship, information literacy, and how to thrive in an increasingly technologically-driven world;
- Advocate for the inclusion and promotion of coding and computer science into the network curriculum; and
- Foster a climate and culture of inventiveness and discovery by encouraging and supporting Club Montessori- and library-based maker programs and initiatives.
Each of the libraries is supported by Central Administration, who shall assist each campus library by:
- Managing and administering the library automation software, as well as providing tech support for campus-level staff and volunteers;
- Advising campus and senior administrators on topics that the library has a vested interest or role in;
- Updating and maintaining network-wide library manuals and best practices; and
- Assisting in the cataloging of materials to maintain the integrity of each campus' collection.
Students (Carmichael) [Google Slides]
Digital Resources and Databases
The CMP Library Network is pleased to announce that all CMP students and staff now have access to a number of digital resources and databases through the library program. Students and staff may access these resources by visiting their campus' library catalog page (see right sidebar).
While connected to school Wi-Fi, students and staff will have access to the following resources for the 2018-2019 school year:
- Britannica School
- Proquest Student Central
- SIRS Discoverer
- SIRS Issues Researcher
- Research Companion
- School & Educator's Complete
- Teachingbooks.net (educator only)
Directions and information sheets for staff on each of the resources will be posted to the intranet in the coming weeks. In the meantime, please feel free to visit and browse any of the resources. If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com.