Safety Operations Plan
California public schools are required to comply with California Education Code (CEC), Section 35294, and dealing with the preparation of “safe school plans.” In keeping with this task California Montessori Project (CMP) developed a Comprehensive School Safety Plan which includes a Site Emergency Response Plan and will help guide the CMP school administrators with their safety and response plans. Each of these plans will address policies and procedures, hazard prevention, emergency preparedness, response and recovery. These plans adopt both the framework of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the model of the Standardized Emergency Management System (SEMS), developed by the State of California and are designed to centralize, organize and coordinate emergency response among various CMP organizations and public agencies. NIMS/SEMS provide an effective framework for managing emergencies ranging from minor incidents to major earthquakes.
CMP’s mission for the Safety Operations Plan is to provide a Comprehensive Safety Plan and a Site Emergency Response Plan for ensuring a safe, healthy and productive learning environment for all stakeholders.
CMP’s Safe School Vision
- CMP will provide a safe, orderly and secure environment to learning.
- CMP will create a school in which students will attend regularly and be safe from both physical and social-psychological harm.
- CMP will solicit the participation and views of stakeholders to promote a safe and healthy environment.
- CMP will develop a plan to work cooperatively and collaboratively with parents, students, staff, administrators and community agencies to provide a safe and orderly school and neighborhood.
- CMP will provide training opportunities to staff and students which will promote preparedness in the event of an emergency.
Safety Coordinator Contact Information
James Hartley, Network Safety Coordinator
5330 A Gibbons Drive, Ste 700
Carmichael, CA 95608